Strategies for a Successful Event -By Brittany Flowers
- Event planners are artists. Your faith in their creative ability will be rewarded at your event. You will always get better quality if you allow the artist some freedom to be creative.
- It is very important that the bride be in attendance at all wedding planning meetings. Weddings planned without the bride are ALWAYS planned again with the bride in attendance.
- Do not spread your available budget over too many items. Fewer things done well will create a more memorable event than more done with less impact.
- Use of specialty items can add drama and impact to an event. Consider this for adding flair to any event.
- Have a budget in mind. Pricing for your event will include product, labor, creativity, and reliability.. If you’re are looking for the absolute lowest possible bid, be aware that you may get what you are paying for.
- Be specific if you have a clear idea of what you want for your event. If you are looking for a particular “feel” or “look”, communicate that to your Planner and let them take it from there. BRING A PHOTO!
- Know the colors of table linens and dresses and any special circumstances that help with planning your special event.
- Order early to secure a place in the event planners schedule. This also ensures availability of equipment.
- Make sure your planner is aware of the names of others involved in planning your event. Events tend to come together at the last moment before guests arrive. Close coordination between your event planners, caterers, linen rentals, florists, photogographers, stylists and others allows everyone to plan efficiently.